httpd-users mailing list archives

From alex dyas <ad...@twowaytv.co.uk>
Subject Re: cant get apache and php talking
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 13:01:12 GMT
Apache is treating your scripts as raw text, and not sending them
through the php engine for processing first.

you'll need to add the following to your httpd.conf:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php.exe"

(you may need to change the path to php.exe depending on where you've
installed it).

See http://www.alt-php-faq.org/#id2 for more information.

alex...

Charlotte Barker wrote:
> I have installed apache and php (both the newest versions available) on my
> xp machine. Installation is fine and everything seems to work ok until I try
> using them together.
>
> I create a file called test.php and put it in the c:\program files\apache
> group\apache\htdocs\test.php
>
> I then open the browser and type http://localhost/test.php all that is
> returned is the code I have typed in the test.php file >>>> <?php phpinfo();
> ?>
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as I am going mad trying to figure the problem
> out.
>
> Thanks
> Charlotte

-= alex dyas - webmaster - twowaytv - uk =-