httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Capouch <bri...@palaver.net>
Subject Re: Change in CGI config for 2.0.x? @@!$!@$!#$
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 08:38:48 GMT
Owen Boyle wrote:

> Now you should trap the error messages from the CGI in this file and
> this will hopefully let you see what's going wrong.
>
> Given that the scripts work with another version of apache, could be a
> problem with the CGI.pm module.

That I've already done, too, and the problem is not just the stock
scripts that use Perl; the ones shebanging /bin/sh work just as well
from the command line, and give the same (null) results when run. . .

%% [Tue Apr 02 01:29:01 2002] GET /cgi-bin/test-cgi HTTP/1.0
%% 500 /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/test-cgi
%request
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, image/png,
*/*
Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8
Accept-Encoding: gzip
%response

And that's it.  The next line of the file is the next time I attempt to
access the script, exactly like that set, over and over and over again.

I'm feeling better that at least my first steps correspond with what
others say I should be doing.

Of course it's still not running :-)

Thanks again.

BTW, I've symlinked /usr/local/apache2 to /usr/local/apache, "hoping
against hope," as Mom used to say, that such would make a difference,
but it didn't.

B.