httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Bodden <jbod...@csuniv.edu>
Subject Apache 2.0.35 on Windows .htaccess file problem
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:52:29 GMT
hello all.

I am trying to setup my server with a name and password for access to a
certain directory. I have done this before with the Unix version, and I think
I have a file path problem. I have created the user file with htpasswd -c. I
have created the .htaccess file and placed it in the directory that I want to
protect. I have edited the .conf file and set AllowOverride all.

Here is a printout of the .htaccess file
--
Authname "Faculty Only"
AuthType Basic

My server root is d:\Program files\Apache Group\apache2
(Do I need forward slashes?)
the access file name is faculty.

Right now the .htaccess file is located in the document root at
d:\Program files\Apache Group\apache2\htdocs.

thanks for your help

John

---
John Bodden