httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jack L. Stone" <j...@sage-one.net>
Subject Re: FrontPage 2002 Extensions with Apache 2.0.35 for Win2kPro
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:57:34 GMT
Frank: Thank you for replying on this. I have been tearing out my hair. I
had already visited this site, but apparently something is failing to get
through my thick skull. What specific "issues" did you handle to make this
work AFTER reading the tips?
...and are you using mod_frontpage-1.6.1

After the install of the FP mod, the install notes talk about the
statements that can/should be added to Apache on the per-server basis as in
FrontPageEnable. The same notes say that by default, the extensions are
disabled, however, if I put that statement in the <VirtualHost> section, I
get a "syntax error". If I put it in the <IfDefine MOD_FP> section, no
complaints, but no change either. ../server-info shows that the statments
are in there and that mod_frontpage is included too.

The tools site says:
=====================
Add the lines
FrontpageDisable
or
FrontpageEnable
to disable or enable the FrontPage Server Extensions on a per-server basis
(inside a <VirtualHost> section) or globally.
By default, the FrontPage Server Extensions are enabled on all servers.

Yikes! "By default....are enabled" is just the opposite of the install
notes I mentioned above....

On Apache13-FP, I can launch Apache with /usr/local/sbin/httpd -DMOD_FP and
the extensions come alive. On Apache1.24+ssl-2.8, it doesn't recognize that
DMOD switch. I've compared all of the settings from one Apache that works
to the one that doesn't and can't see anything.

So, please, please tell me what more you did to
Apache-1.24_mod-ssl-2.8....????

Again, thank you for replying....