httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jack L. Stone" <j...@sage-one.net>
Subject Re: FrontPage 2002 Extensions with Apache 2.0.35 for Win2kPro
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:12:46 GMT
I don't know about Apache 2.0, but I'm stuck trying to get our FrontPage
clients to login to Apache-1.24+mod_ssl-2.8.8. The extensions seem to be
running, but the clients needed to publish pages is refused admittance as
some sort of "permissions" problem.... as a work-around to get going, this
has caused me to have set up TWO servers -- one for regular Apache13_fp
installation that has most all of the domains and another for a single
secure domain's needs.

Has anyone dealt with this issue besides me....????

Apologies fro drifting off this topic... but, feeling desparate and hope
one day to get away from the FP pains.... the problems and solutions seem
different for FP with every Apache install.

At 09:55 AM 4.19.2002 -0500, Daniel Gaddy wrote:
>Am I hearing this right from the various discussions I read by Apache users?
>Is it true that there is NO WAY WHATSOEVER to get Front Page 2002 Extensions
>for Apache 2.0.35 using Windows 2000 Professional as the OS?  If this is the
>case, I may have to use another web server, as every page we have uses these
>extensions...
>
>If anyone has any idea on how to get around this, if you CAN get around
>this, let me know,
>
>Thanks,
>
>Daniel

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/