httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jack L. Stone" <j...@sage-one.net>
Subject Re: Trouble with suexec and apache 2.0.35
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 02:35:29 GMT
Pardon, me for jumping in on this exchange about suexec, but I've just
installed apache-1.24+ssl and noticed that the suexec was not installed
with this version. Is this function handled in some other way perhaps....
I'm running FBSD 4.5. Thanks!

At 06:01 PM 4.14.2002 -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
>felix@crowfix.com wrote:
>
>> --with-suexec-userdir=/home/www
>
>I don't think that is right.  It should be the same as your UserDir
>directive in httpd.conf, which is probably something like public_html.
>
>> No tilde there!  This is where I gave up.  I'm not looking for a bug
>> in apache, I'm looking for clues to what I am doing wrong, but I've
>> dug about as deep as I feel like; it seems more likely I have simply
>> done something really simply wrong.
>
>I have seen a couple other reports of problems with suexec in 2.0, so
>there may also be some bugs.  I haven't tried it myself.
>
>Joshua.

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone