httpd-users mailing list archives

From "D'Elia, Kevin" <Kevin.D'E...@FEPOC.CareFirst.com>
Subject RE: Getting Apache and Tomcat to Talk on Windows 2000
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 15:11:31 GMT
I'm trying to do the same thing..have you looked in tomcat's server.xml for
the connectors?  I think it outlines what's needed there.  Caveat - I
haven't tried this yet, but have always run tcat 3.x with Apache 1.x.x just
fine...

    Hope this helps...

'-k

-----Original Message-----
From: caddells [mailto:caddells@attbi.com]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 1:35 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Getting Apache and Tomcat to Talk on Windows 2000

I just downloaded the binaries for Apache 2.0 and Tomcat 4.0 for Windows
2000, and this is my first time using either.  I can start the Apache server
without errors and view the default page by going to localhost:80.  I can
start Tomcat and reach the default page by going to localhost:8080.  I was
able to extract some information from "Tomcat-Apache HOWTO" article on the
Jakarta site, but it seems a bit dated and the http server won't even start
when I make the changes specified.

1. Where can I find good documentation on how to forward Jsps requests from
Apache to Tomcat?
2. What are the necessary changes to httpd.conf?
3. Are there any files I need to download besides what's included in the
binaries?  Where can the binaries be downloaded from, and where do they need
to be installed on my local drive?

thanks in advance,

- g