httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Hawkes <ahaw...@unicon.net>
Subject Re: Heres one I've not seen before...any advice?
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:04:08 GMT
I think you have MinSpareServers and MaxSpareServers too close together.
Try something like 20 and 40. The reason you're getting the message is,
your server config requires a minimum of 25 spare children. But as the
message says, there are only "24 idle". Therefore it needs to spawn more.

When your MaxSpareServers and MinSpareServers are that close together, it
results in Apache always having to be killing off/firing up new processes.
Give it some room to breathe.

-Andy