httpd-users mailing list archives

From "it Force" <itforcein...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: specifying the required modules?
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 05:03:00 GMT
yes. thanks for help.
i have seen the module status.
they are of 4 types
base
extension
experimental
external

i guess these are the modules built and included during
the compilation/build  time.

but really, what my question is...
knowing these specific modules are the minimum
required to have the apache server running?
so preferably i would want the minimum modules only in
my webserver.

or in other words what are the least amount of modules
required for apache to be running?

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 Joshua Slive wrote :

>On 27 Apr 2002, it  Force wrote:
>
> > I have installed a rpm of the apache webserver.
> > the httpd.conf file contains all the necessary
configuration
> > files.
> > i also however see that a lot of modules have been
> > added using the 'addmodule' and the 'loadmodule'
> > directives.
> >
> > what i want to ask is are all these modules really
> > required?
> >
> > or how do i know which modules to disable ?
>
>Of course that depends on what functionality you need.
See
>http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/
>to find out what each module does.  If you want to know
what the Apache
>group considers the most important modules, look at the
"Status" field for
>each module.
>
>Joshua.

>For additional commands, e-mail:
users-help@httpd.apache.org

Click below to visit monsterindia.com and review jobs in India or
Abroad
http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs