httpd-users mailing list archives

From "vibhor sharma" <vibho...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Error : Directory index forbidden by rule: /usr/local/apache/htdocs
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:28:47 GMT
Hi All,
    I'am having this problem in the production system and many
users are not being able to access our portal because of this
error.It is being observed that some users who are using IE6.0 get
the following error
"Directory index forbidden by rule: /usr/local/apache/htdocs "

Whereas some do not.
We are using Apache Web Server version 1.3.19.
If i look at the logs the user is properly authenticated and
authorized but suddenly this error pops up in the
apache_error.log. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Vibhor Sharma
Click below to visit monsterindia.com and review jobs in India or
Abroad
http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs