httpd-users mailing list archives

From Trond Arve Nordheim <tr...@nordheim.no>
Subject VirtualDocumentRoot and .htaccess
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2002 06:49:16 GMT
Hi!

I've just set up a test environment using mod_vhost_alias instead of the
old style <VirtualHost>-directives.

Now, everything seems nice except that apache doesn't read the
.htaccess-files found in certain documentroots.

For example, one of my sites has a .htaccess looking like this:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*)\.pub$ /path/to/webroot/index.php

This isn't read at all, all though it works with the old httpd.conf
(using <VirtualHost>).

Just to test, I added "Redirect / http://www.freshmeat.net/" to a
.htaccess-file, and no redirection was performed.

I've googled some, and read the mod_vhost_alias documentation without
findind any answers to this...

Any idea, anyone ?

--
Trond Arve Nordheim
 - "This message is ROT13-encrypted twice for extra security."