httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean Finney <fin...@cs.swarthmore.edu>
Subject Re: Connecting to an Apache web server
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:31:32 GMT
On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 05:46:09PM +0300, octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If I type 192.168.0.2 in Internet Explorer, it opens the dial up connection
> trying to connect to internet instead of using the lan to connect to the
> loaded web server from the Linux machine.
>
> Please tell me what should I set in Apache, Linux or Windows to make that
> possible.

turn off the automatic connect feature for your windows internet
connection.  in other versions of windows (don't know about 2k),
you can do this from IE's 'internet settings' option.

also, i think you can still connect to the server without doing this,
if you use another web browser that isn't 'integrated' into the OS ;>

--sean