httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ian Truelsen" <...@ihtruelsen.2y.net>
Subject Re: Internet Explorer vs Certificates self-signed
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:32:18 GMT
Tiago Fioreze writes:

>         Hi !
>
>         I compiled Apache with modssl and I created certificates self-signed.
>  The question : Why Internet Explorer 5.x and 6.0 after importing the
>  certificates from my Web server, still continues not recognizing the authority
>  certifier? What I make to fix this?

My understanding is that IE will do this unless the certificate is signed by
an authority that it recognizes, like Verisign. I don't think that there is
anything that can be donw about it.

>         Ps. The Netscape Navigator does not have this problem.

Netscape doesn't seem to be as touchy about it.

Ian Truelsen
Masters program in Philosophy
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
BA (Wilfrid Laurier University)
Email: ian@ihtruelsen.2y.net