httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean Finney <fin...@cs.swarthmore.edu>
Subject Re: one more try...
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 05:24:40 GMT
On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 03:07:27PM +1000, Mark Constable wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:53, Sean Finney wrote:
>
> > well, i have several readme.this readme.that files for different
> > parts of different programs in the same directory, and iirc
> > readmename/headername only print one file's contents to the top of the
> > listing.  all i want to do is have the file show up with all the
> > others.
>
> IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# RCS HEADER* CVS *,v *,t
> ReadmeName myreadme

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to do, allow me to
clarify:

IndexIgnore is already specified in the default config, to which for
all intents and purposes i don't have write access:

IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t

I need something I can put in a .htaccess file that overrides these
default settings, and 'unignores' README.  using what you specify
only appends more (duplicate) rules to be ignored.

any ideas?

thanks
--sean