httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean Finney <fin...@cs.swarthmore.edu>
Subject Re: one more try...
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 04:53:04 GMT
On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 02:43:35PM +1000, Mark Constable wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:06, Sean Finney wrote:
>
> > is there any way to override IndexIgnore?  the docs say specifying
> > something else in .htaccess only appends to the value.  i've found
> > numerous other posts to newsgroups et c. with the same question, none
> > of which have been answered.
>
> Can you describe what you actually want to do ? Is it
> functionality or only the appearance you want to change ?

(as I described in the first email:) I want to make some files that
are ignored by the default IndexIgnore rules viewable in the listings
of specific directories.  i.e., README et al in the source directories
for projects i'm working on.  i don't really care about the appearence,
i'm happy with apache defaults, i just want to 'unignore' some files.

> Autoindexing can be turned off or enhanced by using the
> "ReadmeName" and "HeaderName" attributes to completely
> theme an apache indexed paged.

well, i have several readme.this readme.that files for different
parts of different programs in the same directory, and iirc
readmename/headername only print one file's contents to the top of the
listing.  all i want to do is have the file show up with all the
others.

thanks
--sean