httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Frazier ...@kwinternet.com>
Subject SOAP XML::RPC with Apache
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 20:04:11 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to learn about XML::RPC but of course I don't want to do what
all of the modules I have looked at so far do which is to run separate
clients outside of Apache. That won't scale very well as far as I can tell.
Is the SOAP::Lite module a better option than the CPAN module? SOAP::Lite
includes a lot of stuff I don't care about, which makes it a little
confusing, exp that in SOAP SOAP::Lite is a dependecy for XML::RPC so that
bothers me with the Microsoft stuff.

My end goal is to get a Java application to talk to Apache runing a mod_perl
proxy handler that also can do RPC.

Thanks,

Eric

http://www.kwinternet.com/eric