httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Irmund Thum" <it...@it97.dyn.dhs.org>
Subject Re: apache causes big Acrobat PDF-Files to fail - true?
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:22:13 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Albl, Thomas" <thomas.albl@staedtetag.de>
Date: Monday, April 22, 2002 10:04 am
Subject: apache causes big Acrobat PDF-Files to fail - true?

> Hi *.*,
>
> the readme-file from adobe acrobat-reader says that the failure to
> serveblank pages from PDF-Files (often by big ones) comes out of
> apache. They
> give the hint to upgrade apache to 1.3.17 or above.
>
> Anyway this looks strange to me, while the faq from adobe says
> somewhatunproffessional like "if you get blank pages in the MSIE
> switch to Netscape"
> and some paragraphs later "if you get blank pages in Netscape
> switch to
> MSIE".
>
> Does anyone here in this list know the problem of getting blank
> pdf-pages
> and the solution and by the way if this is really a apache problem?
>
> By the way upgrading to the most recent stable version is not the
> problem,but i wonder if it is the solution ;-)
>
> TIA
> Thomas

you should always give the version of Apache you're running for such a
question. If you have a look into the changelog of the apache version at
the apache site, you can see there was a problem with apache version
1.3.12 with calculating byte range header for pdf. This is a long time
ago. You may upgrade to the newest 1.3.24 or 2.0.35
_ ___
|  |  Irmund    Thum
|  |