httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Pacheco, Michael F." <MPach...@elcom.com>
Subject RE: Compliing mod_so into the Apache core
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 18:57:49 GMT
Soheil,

It works, but I'm curious. Now when I do a ./httpd -l I can see mod_so along
with a number of other modules. But no AddModule or LoadModule statements in
the httpd.conf - is that because they are statically linked and don't need
to be called from the conf file?

Much thanks

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Soheil Shaghaghi [mailto:soheils@jhanna.com]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 1:44 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: Compliing mod_so into the Apache core

Hi Mike,
You'll need to configure apache and install it.
Here is what I did to get it working:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=so
Of cource doing so, I noticed that all my other modules had gone away, so
the only way I could get it to work was by issuing the complet command,
like: (be sure to enable/disable the modules for your use)

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=so --enable-module=re
write --enable-shared=rewrite --enable-module=auth_anon --enable-shared=auth
_anon --enable-module=auth_dbm --enable-shared=auth_dbm .....

I am sure someone might have a better way of doing it, but this worked for
me :)

Soheil