httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Pacheco, Michael F." <MPach...@elcom.com>
Subject Compliing mod_so into the Apache core
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 18:27:03 GMT
Hello everyone,

apache 1.3.24,
RedHat 7.1

source compile and install with --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE

Basic question is how do I complie mod_so into the apache core. I've read
the DSO page "mod_so.c which has to be statically complied into the Apache
core." Doing an httpd -l shows the basic modules installed - with no
LoadModule or AddModule statements in the DSO Global directive of httpd.conf
and no mod_so.  I've tried 4 different compiles of apache and everytime I go
to install another module (mod_jk) it says "No DSO support make sure mod_so
is installed in Apache" - Tried to add with apxs on a lark, same results -
tried adding it in through --enable-module=so and so forth and so on - all
same results.

I'm stumped, what did I miss?

I'm trying to install mod_jk to integrate Tomcat to Apache for a java
servlet application.

Mike Pacheco