httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: compiling error
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:01:48 GMT
Florent and Josh,

  I did some more digging on this to try and understand what could be
happening.  The only place I could find 'none required' used in the
configuration process was in srclib/apr's configure script.  Numerous
variables are set to "none required" if the test passed.  Later, the
variable is tested against the value of "none required".  If it matches
then it is not added to the LIB variable, but if it fails, then its
value is included in the LIB variable.  At no time is the "none
required" == "$none required" which is what we are seeing with Florent's
output.  Looks suspiciously like a corrupt apache tarball, unless
someone can come up with a mechanism whereby hardcoded values, i.e.
"none required", get changed before being used.