httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: compiling error
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:30:00 GMT
Florent,

  Now I am reaching at straws.  Personally, I have never encountered an
error like this.  You are correct, something is definitely corrupt, but
I do not know what it is.  If I were you, I would download a new tarball
from apache.org and try that.  I am guessing here, and maybe someone
else on this list has seen similar behavior and has an idea of what
needs to be fixed to correct this.

  If you download a new tarball, and yet still get the same error, my
suspicion is that your build system is corrupt/incomplete, although
I do not see any indication of something missing.  If the attempt with
a new tarball fails, I would be left with the impression that you needed
to do a complete/fresh install of your Linux system from scratch.

  Sorry, but aside from these suggestions, I cannot think of another
solution.  I would definitely be interested in what you find.

HTH