httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen M. Przepiora" <st...@przepiora.org>
Subject Log files
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 14:57:26 GMT
Hello,
	We have started hosting a few web sites for customers in other areas of
our business and have run into problems with log files.

All the sites are setup as virtual hosts with seperate log files and we
have a perl script that I wrote to rotate them every night and run
webalizer on the logs. It works just fine.

What we are running into is some web site owners who can't get to the
current log file to see if there is any errors (we don't allow shell
access) in their cgi's. I figured this type of problem has been solved
in the past and am looking for information on how people have setup log
files for the users.

Steve