httpd-users mailing list archives

From "ElectroCities" <postmas...@electrocities.com>
Subject Re: Using multiple virtual hosts?
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:10:49 GMT
Then you need to use a domain name that does not exist.  Additionally, you
will have to run a local DNS to resolve the imaginary names or they will not
work (locally).

If you use real names they will probably resolve to the real IP numbers of
the sites, rather than your local ones.

Chuck

----- Original Message -----
From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@home.ro>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: 18-April-2002 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: Using multiple virtual hosts?

Thank you all for answers.
I don't need a working domain name.
I want to use a domain name only for testing, so I would like to have a
domain like www.microsoft.com, etc .. I think you've got the idea.
I want to be able to type www.microsoft.com (just an example) in Internet
Explorer and to be able to access my web site from my local network.
In my network I have 2 computers:
One with Linux and Win 98 and another with Win 98 and Win 2k.

And as a minus, I am a beginner in linux.
... and another minus is that I am blind and it is harder to use Linux.

Thank you for any help. The idea is that I want to work offline.

Teddy,
orasnita@home.ro