httpd-users mailing list archives

From "ElectroCities" <postmas...@electrocities.com>
Subject Re: Access through Linksys Router/Firewall
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 01:33:33 GMT
Access through Linksys routers is no problem.  I have a variety of them and
they all work and do what you are looking for.  However, they are a little
unstable at holding long term connections, but web and email hosting should
be a snap.

I also suggest going to http://www.no-ip.com and getting a free host name
for your machine.  Road running will probably rotate your IP number from
time to time and this can help get around that.

Chuck

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Johnson" <jim@kc4hw.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: 17-April-2002 9:14 PM
Subject: Access through Linksys Router/Firewall

I am having some trouble getting the setup right on my Linksys
BEFSR11.  I have Apache 1.3.24 working and can access pages via
localhost and my internal network, but can not access the pages via the
internet.

I have setup the Forwarding for port 80 to the machine that Apache is
running on.  I even tried to setup the DMZ Host to the IP of the machine
that Apache is running on... and still can not access the pages.

Anybody got any suggestions here?

Thanks!

Jim Johnson, Melbourne, Florida
jim@kc4hw.net - http://www.kc4hw.net
DXCluster RF Connection: 144.97
DXCluster Telnet: Coming Soon

This email powered by
ElectroCities.com
Powering the Electronic Cities of the Future, Today!
Domain Names only $15.00 per year
http://electrocities.com