httpd-users mailing list archives

From "E. Jordan Bojar" <bo...@intersystems.com>
Subject Name-based virtual hosts
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:55:31 GMT
I've got what may be an embarrasingly simple virtual-hosting question.

How can I force Apache to answer to *only* the "ServerName" value for a
given virtual domain?  Currently, an http request to 'www.virtual.com' gives
the appropriate virtual site, but 'virtual.com' without a host name defaults
to the main site for the server (ie, the non-virtual entry).

The virtual configuration looks like this:

<VirtualHost www.virtual.com>
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/http/www.louisaland.com/
 ServerName www.virtual.com
 LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combo
 CustomLog logs/virtual_log combo
</VirtualHost>

Adding a ServerAlias value of "*.virtual.com" didn't solve things.

I couldn't find this problem in the archives (though it may well be in
there).  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

--

E. Jordan Bojar

"It's all fun and games until somebody loses an inode."