httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason" <j...@cartmanager.net>
Subject problem with authentication while doing a redirect
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:11:30 GMT
I have a conf file with
<Location /cgi-bin/viewOrder.cgi>
        PerlAuthenHandler ApacheAuthentication
        AuthName realm
        AuthType Basic
        Require valid-user
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        allow from 207.173.85.
</Location>

<Directory /home/vshopper/public_html/userpages/orders/*>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
IndexOptions NameWidth=30 DescriptionWidth=38
IndexOrderDefault Descending Date
AllowOverride Indexes AuthConfig
SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>

When I try to access each location, it requires authentication as expected.  However when
I add the line
ScriptAliasMatch ^/orders/jter/(.*?)$ /home/vshopper/public_html/cgi-bin/viewOrder.cgi
into my virtualhost it does not require ANY authentication for anything that matches the pattern...

Does anybody know why this happens, and can you give me some advice in getting it to authenticate
properly with the alias.

Thank you.