httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Vetter <r.vet...@kontor23.de>
Subject Writing a apache module
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:55:01 GMT
Hello,

I need an advise. I'm going to write an apache module for internet
advertisung. This module will deliver creatives (banners, HTML code,
Flash stuff), count the views and clicks of them, and make some other
reports. Apache module programming is completely new to me, but I have
expierence in C programming.
Well, my idea of the thing is to handle HTTP requests in a particular
format. This format could look for example like this:

GET /myadserver/event/view/banner_id/123456

or:

GET /myadserver/event/click/banner_id/123456/target/www.a-site.com

The module should handle all requests starting with /myadserver, then
parse the request string, then redirect the request to the
corresponding banner or the target site, and the update several report
files. Also: it should be possible to determine the locations of the
creatives and report files in httpd.conf.
At the moment I don't exacly know what hook funtions are to use for
this. I primarly have the translate_handler function in mind, but is it
the only one I need?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Vetter
Internet Application Developer