httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Garretson" <ma...@assembly.state.ny.us>
Subject Re: Your production apache server
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 18:21:00 GMT
> One tip to keep in mind - record the "./configure ..." line you use for
> this build somewhere. Then, if you need to recompile you don't have to

I second this recommendation.  One thing i do is have a shell
script called "doit" in every source directory in which i have the
configure command, so i can tweak or repeat it easily.  E.g. the
one currently in my httpd-2.0.35 tree looks something like below
(BTW i'm still tweaking it, so not all the options below actually
work as i'd like):

#!/bin/sh
CFLAGS='-O3 -march=i686'  LDFLAGS='-static'  \
./configure  \
               --prefix=/opt/apache2 \
               --disable-so \
               --enable-static \