httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Reichenbacher" <fr...@mollynet.com>
Subject Re: frontpage and serveralias
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:06:23 GMT
In /us/local/frontpage/version5.0 there is a file called frontpage.cnf (I think) this has a
list of the hosts with FP extensions installed. Make a backup, then add a line for www.apples.com
exactly like the line for apples.com. Then see what happens.

Frank
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nick De Decker
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 10:11 AM
  Subject: Re: frontpage and serveralias

  All my virtualhosts are set up like this

  <VirtualHost 192.168.1.5:80>
          ServerName apples.com
          ServerAlias www.apples.com
          User pomme
          Group users
          ....just som scriptalias and dir stuff ...
  </Virtualhost>

  I install the extensions on a virtualhost by doing :

  owsadm.exe -o install -p 80 -m  apples.com -servconf /usr/local/www/conf/httpd.conf -xuser
pomme -xgroup -u webmaster
  Then it prompts me to set a password, after this i can connect with frontpage to apples.com
and load up pages, however on www.apples.com it says the extensions arent installed.
  When surfing to apples.com => everything works, www.apples.com => some things work,
other things return a "frontpage error"

  I cant install the extensions to www.apples.com because owsadm tells me there is no such