httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jay Turberville" <...@studio522.com>
Subject Re: Bug in Apache 2?
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:52:05 GMT
OK - I've done a little testing on my own on my non-live version of Apache
2.0.35.

First of all, I see the same issue.  Counters do not increment and a
date/time script doesn't update.

CTL-Refresh with IE 5.5 will force a new and properly updated page.
SHIFT-Reload with Netscape 6.2 will force a new and properly updated page.
Netscape Communicator 4.5 always gets a new and properly updated page
Opera 6.01 always gets a new and properly updated page.

A similar page (but using different scripts) under Apache 1.3.24 always
refreshes properly with all browsers.

So, it seems that the problem can be resolved by either the server software
or the client.  I expect that the solution is in the Mod_expires module, but
my first attempts to implement this through ExpiresActive and ExpiresDefault
were unsuccessful.  Look here for more info:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_expires.html

Jay Turberville