httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alain Siani" <ASi...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject RE: ftp question
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 14:58:17 GMT

you can use proftpd server.
you can find it on cd of redhat 7.2 (i think)
You can install "webmin" to configure a lot of service...reboot your
server...and a lot things, configure mysql,apache,proftpd,cron(too easy!)
users...

Alain

-----Message d'origine-----
De : James Simons [mailto:jsimons@ntinet.com]
Envoye : jeudi 4 avril 2002 16:50
A : users@httpd.apache.org
Objet : ftp question

This may be slightly off topic, but I am in the process of moving away
from IIS to apahce.  I've been using IIS for ftp services.  Obviously
FTP isn't included with Apache, but I was interested in finding out what
works well, is secure, and is supported by the open source community.
 I've heard some good things about wu-ftpd, but I can't seem to find any
documentation out there that is really useful for me in setting up.

I'm running RedHat 7.2 and would to do "virtual hosting" with the ftp setup.

Thanks,
James