httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Subscribed" <subscr...@myarchive.biz>
Subject Re: NT Server
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:13:39 GMT
""You'll probably want a 2000 Server license.  The workstation license
> limits the number of incoming socket connections (I believe the limit is
> 10),""

Nope, Apache isnt affected by this IIS limitation.

:)

If he DOES use IIS, he's nuts. Lotsa probs with weekly updates etc.
Apache for windows keeps the cost down and you can install Frontpage
Extentions
 (the only reason I can think of that folks would ask for an NT machine)
with minimal fuss.
I havent personally installed FPE on mine, but I intend to soon. The
questions he asks will probably
help alot of us when he starts up.

::waves::

BTW all, got that CGI thing runnin. Changed the cgi-bin dir to
"webdir"/cgi-bin and it works fine.
Moved it from the apache/cgi-bin/ dir.

:)

"It is said that if you line up all the cars in the
world end to end, someone would be stupid
enough to try and pass them."