httpd-users mailing list archives

From "caddells" <cadde...@attbi.com>
Subject Getting Apache and Tomcat to Talk on Windows 2000
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 17:35:01 GMT

I just downloaded the binaries for Apache 2.0 and Tomcat 4.0 for Windows 2000, and this is
my first time using either.  I can start the Apache server without errors and view the default
page by going to localhost:80.  I can start Tomcat and reach the default page by going to
localhost:8080.  I was able to extract some information from "Tomcat-Apache HOWTO" article
on the Jakarta site, but it seems a bit dated and the http server won't even start when I
make the changes specified.

1. Where can I find good documentation on how to forward Jsps requests from Apache to Tomcat?
2. What are the necessary changes to httpd.conf?
3. Are there any files I need to download besides what's included in the binaries?  Where
can the binaries be downloaded from, and where do they need to be installed on my local drive?

thanks in advance,

- g