httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jay Turberville" <...@studio522.com>
Subject Re: help please in setting up apache 2.035
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:23:25 GMT

Well Dwayne, you get the "happy newbie super special award of the day" (that
I just created in your honor) for not only resolving Simon's problem, but
also for resolving mine!!

See subject: Re: couldn't create child process: 22505 - Apache/2.0.35(Win32)

My working solution has been to use Apache 1.3.24.  Not exactly elegant.
I've been bashing my head against all the online docs I could find trying to
figure out this problem.  I guess what has been throwing me is that my
printenv.pl script worked fine.  So my assumption was that everything I was
doing as regards Perl was OK.  Well I went back and looked at the
printenv.pl script and for some reason, I had the full path including the
executable there - which is why that script worked.

I guess a lot of my problem comes from the difference in Unix-centric and
DOS-centric thinking.  When I see something like #!/usr/bin/perl , I see a
directory path.  Coming from a DOS world, I'm used to the convention that
executable files by convention have a suffix of .exe, .com, or .bat.  Most
files in the DOS/Windows world have some kind of suffix.  Now of course, I
realise that #!/usr/bin/perl is pointing to the specific executable as
opposed to the directory where the executable could be found!!!

Anyway, thanks a bunch!!

Jay Turberville