httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Florent Garcin" <cy...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: compiling error
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:03:00 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Fellows" <lfellows@4lane.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 8:54 PM
Subject: Re: compiling error

> Florent, have you deleted the current working directory and untarred
> the tarball into a fresh directory?  If not, I would suggest you try
> it.  I do not promise this solves all the problems.  I suspect something
> else may be wrong.  But we should eliminate the possibility that the
> config.cache is causing problems.

Ok, i have deleted the current directory and unterred the tar into a fresh
one. I have ran the ./configure command. It returns the same error. I saw
something odd in the output:

(...)
setting LIBS to " required  required  required  -lm  -lcrypt
required  -lnsl  -ldl"
(...)

Then i have the configure error "C compiler cannot create
executables"....So,some library are braindead. I don't know how to restore
it.

So, Lee, what was your second plan? What do you suspect?

Thanks,

Flo.