httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Estes -=RCN Mail=-" <e.es...@rcn.com>
Subject Enabling CGI on Apache 1.3.23
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 06:48:59 GMT
I'm trying to get cgi to work on my Apache 1.3.23 Mandrake 8.2 computer.
I was told by someone on a forum to add this line to my httpd.conf file:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/cgi-bin/

I added the line and restarted Apache but it has not made any
difference. I can run cgi and perl scripts from the shell but I can run
them from a browser. I set the permissions correctly and even set them
to 777 just to make sure and they still can't be executed from a
browser.

If I type http://mithrilhall.redirectme.net/cgi-bin/test.cgi or
http://mithrilhall.redirectme.net/cgi-bin/test.pl I get back the
following message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/test.cgi on this server.

--------

Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.23 Server at Mithrilhall.Linux Port 80

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly apprciate
it.
Eric

             Mithrilhall's Linux Server
                  AMD-K2 350MHz
       http://mithrilhall.redirectme.net

This email has been scanned with Norton AntiVirus