httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vasiliy Boulytchev" <vasi...@boulytcheva.com>
Subject apache virtual hosts logging entrees
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 00:05:56 GMT
Ladies and Gents,
    Here's my problem,
        1.)  i need apache create 2 log entrees, one in the MAIN log file, where the server's
overall web traffic is stored AND in a domain-specific log file in a separate place.
        2.)  Right now the lines that are #'ded out are the lines that prevent apache from
starting up.  Is this because I can't have 2 log files?  Also, by specifying %0 as a directory
name, if that directory doesn't exist, will apache create it for me?
    I guess that's about it.  Belive me, I've tried everything.  The only thing that's left
is writing the script that will append the MAIN log file and just have one log working.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, LIST

    My server's virtual.conf file looks like this:

VirtualDocumentRoot     /home/webs/%0/htdocs
VirtualScriptAlias      /home/webs/%0/cgi-shl/
ScriptAlias /smail/     /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/
#CustomLog /home/logs/access combined
#CustomLog /home/logs/webalizer_logs/%0/access combined
#VirtualDocumentRoot     /home/webs/%-2.1/%0/htdocs
#VirtualScriptAlias      /home/webs/%-2.1/%0/cgi-shl/

Alias                   /bannertrak/    /home/rlewis/bannertrak/
Alias                   /banners/    /home/rlewis/banners/
Alias                   /usage/      /home/logs/webalizer_logs/%0/

<Location />
   AllowOverride All
   Options +Includes +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
   AddHandler server-parsed .htm .html .shtml
   AddType application/x-httpd-cgi cgi
   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3
</Location>
<Location /bannertrak>
   DirectoryIndex banners.php3
</Location>
<Directory /home/webs>
   AllowOverride All
   Options +Includes +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
   PerDirSUEXEC On
   DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.cgi
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

THANKS AGAIN

Vasiliy Boulytchev