httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Veaceslav Puscasu \(personal\)" <...@compudava.com>
Subject Custom 502 proxy error page problem
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:55:37 GMT
Hi list,
I use Apache server as a proxy. All requests are redirected to the Orion App Server. When
Orion is down a get 502 Proxy Error. Instead of this error I would like that the users to
see my custom error page. To do this in httpd.conf file I put this:

  ErrorDocument 502 / maintain.html (maintain.html file is located in my ServerRoot directory.)

But in this case I receive

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.

Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Connection refused

Additionally, a 502 Bad Gateway error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument
to handle the request.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Alex.