httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bob T" <rjta...@attglobal.net>
Subject Users & Permissions
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 04:49:48 GMT
I'm back : )
Just when I thought I had everything working...
I had some problems getting the WinXP Apache install to read CGI scripts.
With help from the list I corrected the httpd.conf.

I attempted the same on the Linux box on my LAN but the Netscape browser
gave Forbidden you do not have permission..
In the end I corrected the problem by creating a new user "web" and put him
in group users.. Apparently Caldera Linux uses id #65534 for group
"nobody".. The Docs note problems with group id#'s over 60000..

*** So, did I make a poor choice to get the server to work.??
      Should I use a different group or create one???
    If I create a group what permission/attributes should the group have?

Bob T