httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James L. Morris" <jmor...@grn.georet.net>
Subject Your production apache server
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:04:55 GMT
Hello,

I'm new to Apache.  I need some wisdom from some of the more experienced
Apache admins out there.

When you build an apache server, what do you typically compile in?  I
know from reading the list that mod_perl and mod_php must be compiled in
at build time ... but is there anything else that cannot be loaded as a
module?

My biggest aggravation is getting my server built "just-so" only to find
out I need to recompile because I need a feature that cannot be loaded
as module.  This has not happened yet ... but I want to avoid wasted
time as best as I can.

Thank you!
Jim