httpd-users mailing list archives

From "firepages.com.au" <f...@firepages.com.au>
Subject AcceptPathInfo win32 apache2
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:47:43 GMT
Hi , having problems with my no-loger search-engine friendly URL's with apache2 i.e.

www. whatever.com/this.htm/that/other/

would on apache 1.2.* 'look back' to `this.htm` and have $that & $other neatly packed
in $PATH_INFO

according to the manual I have to turn the look back on with AcceptPathInfo - but it does
not seem to work, I have tried it everywhere in the httpd.conf and .htaccess etc , trying
all options (on|off|default) , but it seems pretty much ignored, I assume it is part of the
core directives so I assume I need no extra mods....

can anyone at least confirm that this feature works for them on win32 ? & if anyone has
any ideas on where to kick it ?

WInXP&2K apache 2.0.35 default config

Regards,
Simon Wheeler
firepages

(ps : I am not looking for an alternative method rewriting or error catching etc)