httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Johansen Arvid S." <sni...@snille.com>
Subject SV: access log
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:46:22 GMT
Robert Douglass wrote on 19. april 2002 10:43:

> Hello, I've been hosting a tiny website from my home for the past
week, as
> a temporary project, and I found the following in my access log:
> "GET /scripts/root.exe?/c+dir HTTP/1.0" 404 290

[some deleted]

I also run several web sites (virtual hosts) on my home machine and I
solved this by disabling the default entry (first virtual entry called
test.domain.com) - the one that answers when the IP address is used.

So now I get "access denied by server configuration" (or something like
that) in the error log when I get those attacks. The only real response
is from Code Red ("client sent malformed header") - I think Apache
should deny those too....

- Arvid

(Oslo, Norway)