httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Everts" <ever...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Replacing IIS with Apache on Win2k
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 01:37:58 GMT

I am getting sick of applying all kinds of patches for IIS on my companies
intranet server.  I was given permission install Apache if I can get
everything working correctly, so I need to have a couple questions answered.

First, we use FrontPage 2002 server extensions, can I run FP02SE's with
Apache?

Second, we currently restrict access to webpage's by using NT permissions on
the files/folders themselves.  If I use apache, will they still be able to
restrict access to the permissions by using NTLM?

One more question, we have a lot of subweb's, so that only certain people
can modify certain pages.  Can I do the same type of thing with Apache?

Thanks!