httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William E. Kempf" <weke...@cox.net>
Subject RE: mod_dav and XML_SetEventHandler
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 13:20:27 GMT

/usr/local/apache_1.3.24/conf/httpd.conf:

> > Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libdav.so into server:
> > /usr/local/apache/libexec/libdav.so: undefined symbol:
> XML_SetElementHandler
> >

> > Anyone got any suggestions for how I can accomplish
compiling/installing
> > mod_dav on my system?
> >

> > Bill Kempf
>
> 1) what I read in the INSTALL file is:
> "James Clark's Expat parser is included in the source tree of Apache
>     1.3.9 and later. It is only necessary to obtain and build the
Expat
>     distribution when using an earlier version of Apache."

Then the question remains, why do I receive the error (with or without a
locally built expat)?

> 2) why not just use a second server instance like Apache 2.0.35 with
> built-in-dav support? 1.3.24 with php may run on port 80 and 2 on port
> 82; if there are firewall considerations due to the ports you may use
> Rewrite Rules within 1.3.24's httpd.conf.
> That looks most promising regarding all the mentioned problems with
php
> and CGI vs. dav

Sounds fairly complicated to setup, and worse, requires two running
instances of Apache (the machine this runs on isn't a server class box,
so minimizing loaded programs is at least somewhat important).

Thanks,
Bill Kempf