httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel G" <t...@ct5.com>
Subject RE: Access through Linksys Router/Firewall
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:40:06 GMT
Key points to remember on the router -- static IP on your computer, open
ports on router -- statically map those ports to your internal address.
I noticed no one pointed this out, maybe it was obvious :)

If that isn't it then try setting Apache to look at a different port
(instead of 80). Statically map those ports through the router, and see
if you can connect. At least that will eliminate the possibility of your
router'S web interface trying to capture inbound port 80 access.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Johnson [mailto:jim@kc4hw.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 8:14 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Access through Linksys Router/Firewall

I am having some trouble getting the setup right on my Linksys
BEFSR11.  I have Apache 1.3.24 working and can access pages via
localhost and my internal network, but can not access the pages via the
internet.

I have setup the Forwarding for port 80 to the machine that Apache is
running on.  I even tried to setup the DMZ Host to the IP of the machine

that Apache is running on... and still can not access the pages.

Anybody got any suggestions here?

Thanks!

Jim Johnson, Melbourne, Florida
jim@kc4hw.net - http://www.kc4hw.net