httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Timothy J. Luoma" <luo...@peak.org>
Subject Re: TrackModified not showing Last-Modified header in HTTP headers
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:41:26 GMT
On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> One thing to consider: I don't know why you are looking for
> "last-modified", but if you just want to help out caching, then Expires
> might do fine.  Check the mod_expires doc for how to use that.

Thanks.  I am using some mirroring software that seems to like the
Last-Modified header to tell when a page needs updating/

> PHP: You can use PHP's capability to send HTTP headers to construct your
> own Last-Modified header as part of the PHP script.  My PHP coding skills
> are rusty, so I can't give you an example, but it should be as simple as
> checking the date on the file and using that to fill in a header.

It is quite a simple matter that I was able to find using "php http header
last modified" in google (namely
http://www.zend.com/manual/function.header.php which also explains Expires
headers in PHP)

> Joshua.

Thanks for your help... Now I have it working and now how to handle other
similar situations if/when they arise.

TjL

--
Site: www.tntluoma.com                       mailto:luomat@peak.org
Info: Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) with PHP/4.0.6