httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: The Truth About ErrorDocument Directive
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 02:22:10 GMT

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Roger Williams wrote:

> Can someone please tell me the truth about the ErrorDocument Directive? The
> Docs say you can use a full URL as a directive, but I have seen pages "out
> there" that claim apache docs are wrong and you can't us a full URL
> (http://abc.com).  When I put one in my conf file and run configtest I get a
> warning but yet it still serves the page at the full URL.  As long as it
> works it is all good, I'm just curious about the inconsistincies.

What warning do you get?  What pages "out there" are making those claims?

The docs at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#errordocument
are perfectly accurate.  Full or local URLs can be used, except for 401.
Local URLs are recommended because full URLs will hide the true status
code from the client (in order to send the redirect status code).

Joshua.