httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Seeks wisdom
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 03:10:09 GMT

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Erwien Samantha Y wrote:

> My webserver have more then 1.700.000 hits a day . (with 2 CPU + 512 MB)
> Any sugestion for my httpd.conf above , on peak time my server get freeze.
>
> ##
>
> Timeout 240
> KeepAlive On
> MaxKeepAliveRequests 600
> KeepAliveTimeout 15
> MinSpareServers 16
> MaxSpareServers 64
> StartServers 16
> MaxClients 1200
> MaxRequestsPerChild 10000
>
> ####

It's impossible to answer that question.  If you are seeing your server
freeze, you need to check the resource usage during those busy times.  In
particular, check to see if you are using more than the physically
available RAM.  If so, you need to turn down MaxClients and/or add more
RAM.

As far as the specific settings, you could possibly reduce both
MinSpareServers and KeepAliveTimeout.  But whether that will help depends
on your load charateristics.

Joshua.