httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: httpd.h file
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 16:58:39 GMT
On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Vernon wrote:

> I'm reading through some security books and I'm being told to change
> these lines in my httpd.h file:
>
> #define SERVER_BASEPRODUCT  "Apache"
> #define SERVER_BASEREVISION "1.3.22"
>
>     SrvTk_MIN,          /* eg: Apache/1.3.0 */
>     SrvTk_OS,           /* eg: Apache/1.3.0 (UNIX) */
>     SrvTk_FULL,         /* eg: Apache/1.3.0 (UNIX) PHP/3.0 FooBar/1.2b */
>     SrvTk_PRODUCT_ONLY  /* eg: Apache */
>
> My question is do I have to recompile Apache once I've changed them? If
> so can anoyone direct me to a HOWTO for recompiling on a Red Hat 7.2?
> Thanks.

Yes, you would have to recompile Apache once you have changed the source
code. There is no HOWTO specifically for recompiling on Red Hat 7.2, but
there is no difference between building on Red Hat and any other *nix
OS or Linux distro. http://httpd.apache.org/docs/install.html

--
Nothing is perfekt. Certainly not me.
Success to failure. Just a matter of degrees.