httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hasanuddin Tamir <...@trabas.com>
Subject Re: Executing scripts with no extension
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:52:44 GMT
On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Ilya Sterin <isterin@hotmail.com> wrote,

> I have a few mod_perl scripts that have no exception.  When I try to
> execute, the message says that it doesn't have the authority to display dir
> content, so evedently it's trying to display the actual content dir and not
> the file.  So
>
> www.somesite.com/cgi-bin/script
>
> Is trying to display the script content dir (I think) and not run the file?
> The ScriptAliasMatch is matching against (.*), so that I believe is fine.
>
> Any ideas?

ScriptAlias concerns with directories.

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/  /path/to/real/location/of/cgi/scripts/

In this case, all files under /path/to/real/location/of/cgi/scripts/ and
its subdirs will be treated as executable CGI program regardless of
extension.

ScriptAliasMatch is the extended version of ScriptAlias that allows the
usage of regex to match dir name.

--
san->http(www.trabas.com)
{If Linux doesn't have solution, you have the wrong problem}